Monday, October 8, 2007
The lovely Ms. Freida Bee has tagged me with a seven things meme.
Here are seven things about things that have to do with seven.
1. This lass is known as Seven of Nine. This begs the question 'who cares about eight and nine?'
This picture hides at least three of her seven best features.
2. In addition to the Seven Deadly Sins, some of which we try to keep up with regularly here at the LairTM, did you know there are seven corresponding virtues? They are:
Valour — Pursuit of Courage and Knowledge
Generosity — Pursuit of Giving
Liberality — Pursuit of Ethics
Diligence — Pursuit of Will
Patience — Pursuit of Peace
Kindness — Pursuit of Charity
Humility — Pursuit of Modesty
We can get into a kerfluffle about the absence on this list of "Chastity". Let's just say that your own dear Germaine doesn't count that as much of a virtue past your sophomore year in college. Plus, prior to Dante, Pope Gregory's list of vices had 'luxuria' listed which became thought of as lust. Not really, his admonition was against extravagance. Similarly, chastity was about purity, which to me, is better aligned with valor. Sooner or later they all need to make stuff be about sex, so after 1500 years it was bound to happen! Hang-ups people. Get over 'em. Rather, let us focus on the fact that Liberality is one of the virtues, shall we? Of course, we have always known that.
3. There are seven steps required to make the original Trader Vic's 1944 Mai Tai.
One: Pour 2 ounces of 17-year old J. Wray & Nephew Rum over shaved ice.
Two: Add juice from one fresh lime.
Three: Pour 1/2 ounce Holland DeKuyper Orange Curacao.
Four: Add 1/4 ounce Trader Vic's Rock Candy Syrup.
Five: Pour 1/2 ounce French Garier Orgeat Syrup
Six: Shake vigorously.
Seven: Add a sprig of fresh mint
4. The seventh son of the seventh son has mystical powers in Irish folklore. In Romanian folklore he is a vampire.
5. This ab fab woman is Danica Patrick. She races Indy Car Number 7, making my heart beat seven times faster than it ought to. Going back to that deadly sin thing, maybe lust belongs after all.
6. Besides Mai Tai's, we know that my favorite beverage is bourbon, neat. Basil Hayden's preferred. But there are those times that call for something lighter. Like breakfast. Then it is good to have a whiskey seven. If you make it with Seagram's it is a 7&7.
7. BMW has introduced a hydrogen powered luxury vehicle. I am on the waiting list as I love luxury without the need for oil, which is so last millenium, n'est-ce pas? It is called the BMW Hydrogen 7. Wheeeeeeeeee.