Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happiness in a subscription


One of the little mags I get delivered regulary to the Lair (Enrique, please wait to let me read it first - I detect drool bumps on some pages) is the wonderful "Imbibe".

Imbibe. Will now replace lickety-split as my new favorite word. It can be a command: "Imbibe!", a toast "To all, imbibe", a suggestion "imbibe?", a past tense question in the morning: "imbibed?".

This month's issue carries this little treat for a special you-know-who:

How to make a Planet of the Apes
3/4 oz. 99 Bananas (99 proof banana liqueur- ha cha cha!!!!)
1-1/4 oz. unsweetened pineapple juice
1-1/4 oz. orange juice
1/2 oz. lime juice, fresh-squeezed
1-1/2 oz. dark Appleton Estates Jamaican rum
crushed ice

shake ingredients well with plenty of crushed ice, whilst saying 'Git yer hands off me, you damned dirty ape!' or 'Damn you, damn you all to hell', or 'man is pestilence' or whatever your fave POTA quote may be.

Serve in a Tom Collins glass with a garni of banana slice speared to a cherry and a peruvian kovachii orchid, if available.

9 comments:

GETkristiLOVE said...

"Doctor, I'd like to kiss you goodbye." = my POTA quote of choice.

Dr. Zaius said...

Mmm... Two please! (Drinks and kisses.)

Swinebread said...

That's yummy!

Randal Graves said...

I've always wanted to see what drinking the future was like!

Dean Wormer said...

"It's a mad house. A mad house."

OR

"Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."

OR

"Human see, human do."

Must try drink...

Germaine Gregarious said...

getKristi Are you saying you're dropping Dr. Monkey and coming over to the swinging side? Darling, you are welcome with open arms!!!!

Dr. Z It's two minutes in the box, not two minutes in the closet! Behaaaaave!

swinebread shake your monkey maker

randal it is absolutely nothing like in that Woody Allen movie, believe you me.

dean such excellent choices. We often use the 'shun him' quote when the convo comes around to Dr. MvM. Luv 'It's a mad house'. The Lair is Mad baby.

Joe said...

Hmmm. Sounds tasty. I think me and MizBubs will have to try this out as one of our Sunday Afternoon Cocktails.

Anonymous said...

I believe even saying the word "imbibe" can get you arrested Georgia...

Distributorcap said...

no-va
no-va